Who Covers Water Damage Cleanup?

water damage cleanup naperville, water damage restoration naperville, water damage repair naperville,

Unexpected water in your home can be a disaster. The intrusion can be instantaneous, or build up over many years. There are many possible sources that this water damage can come from. The source can be clean: a burst pipe or  slow leak in the icemaker. The source can be much dirtier: a clogged toilet or overflowing washing machine. It can even be external; flash floods often carry rocks, mud, and other debris. Flood effects can be local, impacting a neighborhood or community, or very large, affecting entire river basins and multiple states. Whenever you have too much water, it is important that you contact a water damage cleanup crew to help fix the problem. Professionals like those at GCPRO, located in Naperville, understand these different sources and know the best way to clean up. 

Does My Home Insurance Cover Water Damage?

Homeowners insurance may help cover damage caused by leaking plumbing if the leak is sudden and accidental, such as if a washing machine supply hose suddenly breaks or a pipe bursts. However, homeowners insurance does not cover damage resulting from poor maintenance. So, if damage results after you fail to repair a leaky toilet, for example, homeowners insurance likely will not pay for repairs.

If you plan on filing a claim, you are obligated to protect your property from further loss or damage. The insurance company will reimburse you for the expense. For example, If you make temporary repairs, keep a record of what you do and save all receipts for all expenses you incur in undertaking repairs, including, for example, buying plywood and nails to board up broken windows.

Give your insurance producer, claims adjuster and/or insurance company a copy of a list of all damaged, destroyed or stolen property (being sure to keep a copy for yourself). In case of theft, be sure to give another copy to the police.

Does My Home Insurance Cover Floods?

Unfortunately, standard home insurance policies do not cover flood damage. Depending on your location, you may be able to purchase an additional flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. For more information about federal programs, you can contact your insurer or producer or contact the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).

If your home is located in a flood plain, your lender will require flood insurance. Just because your home is not in a designated flood plain, don’t assume you will never have flood damage. Even if you live in an area that is not flood-prone, consider flood insurance. Between 20 percent and 25 percent of the NFIP’s claims come from outside high-flood-risk areas.  

If you have flood coverage, you’ll need to file a claim. If possible, photograph the outside of the premises, showing any damage or flooding. Also, photograph the inside of the premises, showing the damaged property and the height of the water if your property was flooded.

Separate the damaged from the undamaged property and put it in the best possible order for the insurance adjuster’s examination. If reasonably possible, protect the property from further damage. When the adjuster visits your property, let him or her know if you need an advance or partial payment of loss.  

For Water Damage Cleanup In Naperville

Experts in water damage cleanup know how stressful it is to have water flood your home, and how much damage it could cause very quickly, which is why they offer 24/7 Emergency Services so you can call them at any time to come fix your home. GCPRO Restoration services in Naperville is a great place to start.

Contact Us

For 24/7 Emergency Service, Please Call 847-656-3322.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.